With an illustrious career that has spanned over four decades, Tom Cruise has become more than just an A-lister. He’s a global icon and an ageless wonder. However, there are certain other bizarre facts that make him who he is. Check out the 15 weirdest facts about Tom Cruise:
1. All three of his wives were the same age at the time of their divorce from Tom Cruise. Mimi Rogers, Nicole Kidman, and Katie Holmes happen to be 33 years old at the time of their separation from Cruise.
2. Tom claims that he can heal people just with his touch. After attaining the level of ‘Operating Thetan VI’ in the Church of Scientology, he asserts he has the power to heal small wounds, sprains, and infections with his holy touch.
3. Tom starred in both, the best as well as the worst films of 1988. He was a part of the Academy Award Best Picture winner, Rain Man, as well as the worst film of that year, Cocktail.
4. Tom Cruise doesn’t permit people to use his likeness for video games and action figures. One Ethan Hunt toy however did manage to get released.
5. Tom prefers running on the screen all alone. Cruise is known for his on-screen sprinting, but you may not have realized he is always running solo.
6. Cruise believes that vitamins and exercise can cure depression. As a Scientologist, he does not believe in psychology, therapy, and antidepressants. He has always asserted that “vitamins and exercises” are the correct treatment.
7. Tom cruise is very fond of playing Hide-and-Seek. It was revealed in Leah Remini’s book, ‘Troublemaker’ that Cruise suggested he and other grown adults engage in a match of hide-and-seek. “At first I thought he was joking,” Remini says, “but no, he literally wanted to play hide-and-seek with a bunch of grown-ups in what was probably close to a 7,000-square-foot house on almost three full acres of secluded land.”
8. After his split with Nicole Kidman, Tom Cruise held auditions for his second wife. The first date between Cruise and his third wife, Katie Holmes, was also set up by the Church of Scientology.
9. Tom has a room in his mansion dedicated entirely to fencing. Even Will Smith and David Beckham couldn’t escape Cruise’s Sword, ‘”We don’t get enough time for hanging out, just us three guys, so this is his way of getting together and bonding,” Will Smith once explained.
10. Tom’s body works quite efficiently. His Mission Impossible: 2 co-star Thandie Newton claims to see a slight red mark on Tom’s nose one night and in a span of a few hours, it developed into a big whitehead.
11. Tom always insists on doing his stunts by himself.
12. Tom has a holiday in his name in Japan. To honor the time that he has spent in the country in the span of his career, the Japan Memorial Day Association made October 10th “Tom Cruise Day” in Japan in 2006.
13. Tom once became a real-life hero as he thwarted a mugging in London. In 1998, when he heard screams coming from his neighborhood, he rushed to the spot where he chased down robbers who were getting away with $150K worth of jewelry.
14. Tom’s first celebrity crush was Ingrid Bergman from the 1946 film, Notorious. He told People Magazine that Bergman, playing Alicia Huberman, had his pubescent juices flowing.
15. As a kid, Tom Cruise memorized the ‘Soul Train’ dance move. After he noticed other kids making use of their dance skills to attract ladies, Tom started to memorize the dance steps he saw on the Soul Train TV show.
We want to give thanks to the author of this short article for this awesome web content
The 15 Weirdest Facts About Tom Cruise – FandomWire